Avatar

Sunday, August 19, 2012

TOOL THREE:
I think the site for National Public Radio will be useful because as an English teacher, I have access not only to ways to connect our texts to real life current events, but they also provide coverage of people's everyday lives in Story Corps: http://www.npr.org/series/4516989/storycorps

Then the obvious YouTube has always been helpful because I can find almost any text dramatized, and can find lots of videos of poets reading their work aloud.for example I plan to use the following videos in my classroom:
Hearing Nikki Giovanni read her own poem is going to help me hopefully solidify the student's understanding of tone.
This video on the school to prison pipeline could help supplement a play that the students will be reading called zero tolerance.

About copyright and fair use,I basically learned that you need to make sure to attribute your sources whenever possible, and that most of these resources are free as long as you are not profiting from the use of the videos. I could use dropbox in my classroom by creating individual folders for students and having them submit their work there.


No comments:

Post a Comment